Yeti tandem 3
- Light tandem
- EN A
Light tandem – and much more
The Yeti tandem is an ultralight tandem glider, suitable not just for hike 'n fly adventures, but also for all kinds of flights, especially with family and friends.
- smooth inflation in all wind conditions
- excellent performance over the entire speed range
- super stable even with trim open (EN A rated)
- well-damped pitch control in strong conditions
- good climbing ability
- great passive safety compared to the level of performance
|EN 認証||EN A||EN B|
* Quoted weight with light Dyneema risers, for size #41 with Kevlar risers add 180g
Gin Seok Song shares the design story of the Yeti Tandem:
“Besides hike ‘n fly and commercial tandems, a lot of general pilots simply like to fly tandem for fun, often with family and friends. We wanted to make a very easy wing for these pilots that would be fun to fly and convenient to transport.
Our aim was to make the flying experience as close as possible to that of flying a solo wing. The improved 2nd generation EPT (Equalised Pressure Technology) profile makes take-off easier than ever before. Inflation is effortless and the wing stops above your head without shooting. Getting airbourne is super fast, no need to run a lot. Forward or reverse launches are equally stress-free, just give a gentle pull and off you go.
In the air, the wing has a compact feel with soft yet precise handling – you will want to fly for hours and the excellent glide performance means you can really cover some distance.
Longer flights are also much less tiring due to the shorter risers, which mean the pilot’s arms are closer to the brake handles.
Many pilots want to fly with their kids these days so we made sure that the Yeti Tandem flies really well also at lower weights in the weight range. The long 10cm trim also allows a great deal of flexibility to fly comfortably at different wing loadings and in a variety of flying conditions.
Using technology trickled down from our other recent wings, we also improved the passive security and this is reflected in the EN A certification.
The glider even feels like a solo wing when you transport it. Using lightweight construction techniques and production methods, we were able to achieve a glider weight of just 4.8kg, almost a kilo lighter than its predecessor and more compact than many standard solo wings.”
- 2nd generation Equalised Pressure Technology (EPT) for greater stability and improved handling
- Size 37 serial delivery with Dyneema risers and Dyneema spreaders
- Size 41 serial delivery with 12mm Kevlar risers and soft (supple) spreaders
- Lightweight, high quality materials
アッパーサーフェースリーディングエッジ: Porcher Skytex 32g/m²
アッパーサーフェース:: Porcher Skytex 27g/m²
Lower surface: Porcher Skytex 27g/m²
アッパー: Edelrid 8000/U-090 | 070 (Aramid)
ミドル: Edelrid 8000/U-360 | 230 | 190 (Aramid)
メイン/ ブレーク: Edelrid 8000/U-230 | 190 | 130 | 090 (Aramid)