Joanna Di Grigoli
Venezuela | Team pilot since 2010
Joanna is one of the best South American pilots and has been flying paragliders for a very long time. Born in Venezuela, she moved to France and likes do to Hike&Fly’s in her backyard. She also likes to compete and did some really long flights in Brazil.
- 2 times XContest winner (2017 and 2018)
- 3rd place XContest 2020
- 3 times FAI WXC winner (2017, 2018, and 2020)
- 2 times Vice-champion FAI Panamerican Championships (2008 and 2020)
- 1st female French XC league 2018
- South American female open distance record (FAI): 400.43km
- First woman to hike and fly from Mount Humboldt, Venezuela (4,940m)
- 3rd place PWC Macedonia 2012
- 1st place PWC United States 2010
When did you start paragliding?
What is your current material?
Leopard + Genie Race 4, Camino + Genie X-Alps, Yeti 5 + Yeti Xtrem 2
How many flights do you have?
I stopped counting a while ago, but I fly about 200 hours per year
What is your longest flight?
400km from Quixadá, Brazil
What is your flying weight?
Ideally 70kg or less, but about 86kg with lots of ballast
Link to your XContest flights:
What inspired you to fly in the GIN team?
My first glider ever was an Edel Atlas, designed by Gin, and after meeting him personally in 2005, I dreamed of being part of the Gin family. That dream finally came true in 2010.